Getting Started at Adelphi

Safety and Parking Information

The Department of Public Safety and Transportation Welcomes our First-Year Student Class of 2020.

What to bring to First-Year Student Orientation to receive a Photo ID and Parking Decal:

  • A photo ID such as a driver’s license or a high school ID
  • To receive your free Adelphi University decal, you MUST register your vehicle with the Department of Public Safety  and Transportation, located on the first floor of Levermore Hall, Suite 113. You MUST bring the vehicle registration or a copy with you to our office. You may register up to two vehicles.
You may also register you vehicle(s) during first-year student move-in.
YOU MUST bring the vehicle registration or a copy with you to pick up the actual decal.

A few things to know:

Your Adelphi photo ID card will give you access to the gym, library, and the underground parking garage. If you are a resident student it will also have access to your residence hall. Resident students will and Commuter students may have a meal plan put on their card.

  • If damaged, bring the pieces (must have identifying information on it) to the Public Safety office to get a free replacement.
  • If lost, you need to file a lost ID report at the Public Safety office, located on the first floor of Levermore Hall, Suite 113, and pay a $15 replacement fee at the cashiers’ office in the lower level of Levermore Hall. Bring the report number and the cashiers’ receipt to the Public Safety office to obtain your new ID.

Parking Is by Permit (decal) Only

Parking regulations apply to any and all vehicles using campus-parking facilities including visitors. Decals are issued to a particular license plate and are not transferable.

  • For information about parking for residential first-year students go to
  • Parking decals must be affixed to the rear bumper, driver’s (left) side of the vehicle.
  • Temporary parking permits must be obtained for any vehicle on campus that is not registered with this department and displayed on the dashboard (driver’s side.)
  • Adelphi Handicap permits can be obtained at Student Access Office, Post Hall, First Floor, 516.877.3145. (Both a State handicap permit and an Adelphi handicap permit are required.)
  • One Day Visitor Permits can be obtained at the Public Safety office (located on the first floor of Levermore Hall, Suite 113). This includes for overnight guests of resident students.
  • Decals expire on September 30 of each year and must be renewed each year.
You will also register for the University Mass Notification System (Adelphi’s Emergency Notification System) during your Public Safety session of orientation which only requires your cell phone number.

The above information and more can be found on the Public Safety and Transportation website.


For further information, please contact:

Center for Student Involvement
University Center, Room 110
p – 516.877.3603
e –

Apply Now
Request Information