Getting Started at Adelphi


Adult Learners at Adelphi

Getting Started Checklist for Adult Students

Once You’ve Been Accepted

If you haven’t already done so, apply for financial aid (scholarships, grants and loans). Undergraduate students should contact Student Financial Services for additional financial aid options.

IMPORTANT: Pay Your Deposit By the Deadline in Your Acceptance Letter

Before you can register for classes or apply for housing, you must pay your tuition deposit.

Once You’ve Paid Your Deposit

Find out how to log in to the secure eCampus portal so you can access your AU Gmail, important forms and other exclusive services.

Please note: Access to eCampus is not immediate. It could take 1-5 days after you’ve deposited to gain access to the eCampus portal, depending on method of payment (e.g., payment by electronic check  can take 5 business days for your payment to clear).

Once you’ve set up your Adelphi login, you’ll be able to register for courses online via CLASS—look for it on the Services tab in eCampus.
Before the fall semester, new adult and graduate students are invited to attend an orientation prepared for their respective school/department.
Graduate-Adult-Student-HandbookWe encourage you to view the Graduate and Adult Student Handbook to learn about student services, policies and requirements.

You should also have regular discussions with your academic adviser about opportunities that may be specific to graduate students.
» See the listing of academic advisers

All students taking six or more credits are required to complete the Complete Health and Immunization Forms with their physician. Please note: You will not be allowed to attend class and may be withdrawn from the University unless these forms are on file with Health Services. Also make sure you meet insurance requirements. Dependents of insured students may also wish to purchase insurance coverage.
To receive your Adelphi Photo ID Card, bring a form of photo ID (driver’s license or permit, passport, school ID)  at the Department of Public Safety and Transportation (located in Levermore Hall).
Register your car with the Department of Public Safety and Transportation (located in Levermore Hall) to receive your parking decal.
Support services are available to all students, and your adviser can help you explore opportunities that may be specific to adult students.
Stay up to date with everything Adelphi at Facebook Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Pinterest.

For further information, please contact:

College of Professional and Continuing Studies
p – 516.877.3412
e –

Apply Now
Request Information