Getting Started at Adelphi


Transfer Students at Adelphi

Getting Started Checklist for Transfer Students

It’s decision time! Secure your place in Adelphi’s incoming class

Click here to pay your deposit online.

Once You’ve Been Accepted

If you haven’t already done so, apply for financial aid. Don’t miss out on your opportunity to receive need-based grants, federal student loans and Federal Work Study employment.
Explore on-campus housing options available in our seven residence halls.

IMPORTANT: Pay Your Deposit By the Deadline in Your Acceptance Letter

Before you can register for Transfer Transition (orientation) or apply for housing, you must Pay Your Deposit. You’ll then receive the New Student Kit in the mail, which contains a handbook of next steps and forms.

Once You’ve Paid Your Deposit

Find out how to log in to the secure eCampus portal so you can apply for housing, access your AU Gmail, course assignments, important forms and other exclusive services.

Please note: Access to eCampus is not immediate. It could take 1-5 days after you’ve deposited to gain access to the eCampus portal, depending on method of payment (e.g., payment by electronic check  can take 5 business days for your payment to clear).

Registration for spring 2020 classes begins November 11, 2019 and April 20, 2020 for fall 2020 classes. You’ll need to schedule an appointment with our Office of Academic Services and Retention at 516.877.3450 (either in person or by phone).
All students are required to complete the Complete Health and Immunization Forms with their physician. Please note: You will not be allowed to attend class and may be withdrawn from the University unless these forms are on file with Health Services. Also make sure you meet insurance requirements.
All transfer students who are enrolled in a BA granting program in the College of Arts and Sciences must fulfill the Adelphi language requirement of four semesters of language or their equivalent. If you have not taken a college-level language you must take the online placement test.
Bring a form of photo ID (driver’s license or permit, passport, school ID) to receive your Adelphi Photo ID Card at the Department of Public Safety and Transportation (located in Levermore Hall).
Register your car with the Department of Public Safety and Transportation to receive your parking decal.
Browse the offerings of our Transfer Student Services, which includes you many ways to get involved in campus life, as involvement helps you transition to Adelphi.
Learn about Tau Sigma, a national honor society that recognizes and promote the academic excellence and involvement of transfer students. Membership into this prestigious organization provides members with scholarship and leadership opportunities.
Explore our Student Handbooks and Support Services for more information about University services. The Transfer Students Newsletter inspires transfer students to become engaged in and beyond the classroom at Adelphi.
Connect with other Adelphi students and stay up to date with everything Adelphi on our mobile apps and at Facebook Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Pinterest.

For further information, please contact:

Center for Student Involvement
Earle Hall, Lower Level
Rooms 001, 003, 004, 006 and 010
p – 516.877.3603
e –

Apply Now
Request Information